Virginia Tech® home

Changing Your Position

Your immigration status is employer and position specific. Should there be any changes to your position, ISS may need to file a petition with USCIS to amend your record. Before you change your position, accept a different pay or change the number of work hours, please consult with ISS. We will be able to determine whether or not an amendment petition is needed.

If you are changing employers, your new employer will likely need to file a new petition for you. Please speak with the other employer to discuss the process.