Virginia Tech® home

Address Change

H-1B, TN, E-3, and O-1


All foreign nationals in the US have to report any address changes to USCIS within ten (10) days, by filing a Form AR-11. This can be done electronically by creating a USCIS account or the form can be sent to USCIS via mail. Please be sure to retain a copy of your AR-11 for your records.

You are strongly encouraged to create a USCIS account and change your address through that account as it will also allow you to change the address for any pending petitions or requests. If you or your family members have any paperwork pending with USCIS, and you file the AR-11 form by mail, you must also call the USCIS to update your address by phone as filing the AR-11 by mail does not update your address on any pending petitions or requests. During the call, you should provide USCIS with the case number(s) of your pending request(s).


Please be sure to update your address with your department and HR as well.


Each individual is responsible for updating his or her address in a timely fashion.