Virginia Tech® home

Requesting an extension for TN, E-3, and O-1

Only your employer, i.e. Virginia Tech, can request an extension of your status. At Virginia Tech, only ISS can file petitions or prepare the border crossing documents, e.g. the TN employment letter, that you need. To prepare the relevant extension documents, our office will need to receive a formal request. The process may be quite lengthy and involved. Therefore, it is important that we receive any extension request in a timely fashion.