Virginia Tech® home

Changes to your position while in H-1B, TN, E-3 or O-1 status

Your immigration status is employer and position specific. Should there be any changes to your position, GSS may need to file a petition with USCIS to amend your record. Before you change your position, accept a different pay or change the number of work hours, or change the location of your employment, please consult with GSS. We will be able to determine whether or not an amended petition is needed.

If you are changing employers, your new employer will likely need to file a new petition for you. Please speak with the other employer to discuss the process.